Friday, July 8, 2011

The Pursuit of God

As we begin to really prepare for our trip this fall, I have started reading this book by AW Tozer.  My brother and dad had mentioned it before, and I am always open to new reading.  Before even the first chapter, God began to speak.  As I read the preface, I could see so many things God has done in my life in the past couple of years to bring me to where I am now.  I am so grateful to Him - that He has allowed me this journey, that He has given me so many things that mean so much more in the long run.  I really look forward to finishing the book (I did make it past the preface), to our mission trip in October, to continuing on the path God is leading me, and to being available to Him in order that I may be a part of everything He has planned and everything He can do through me and those around me.

I could go on and on about how life is hard, how we value the wrong things in life, and how truly pursing God in your life is what really matters.  But for now I will settle myself to saying this: in a few short months I will be in a place where there is sometimes electricity and sometimes not, sometimes a comfortable bed and sometimes not, sometimes health but more often not.  And yet, among what we consider such poverty, there will be a richness only found with those who love Christ and put ALL their faith in Him.  I CANNOT WAIT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment